Effective Date: Jan 01, 2022
CheckPay Technologies Ltd.(collectively, “CheckPay”, “us”, or “we”) has developed this Privacy Statement to explain how we may collect, retain, process, share and transfer your Information when you visit our Sites or use our Services. This Privacy Statement applies to your Information when you visit Sites or use Services, and does not apply to online websites or services that we do not own or control.
This Privacy Statement is designed to help you obtain information about our privacy practices and to help you understand your privacy choices when you use our Sites and Services
Please contact us if you have questions about our privacy practices that are not addressed in this Privacy Statement.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration and use information – When you register to use our Services by establishing an Account, we will collect Information as necessary to offer and fulfill the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an Account. We may require you to provide us with additional Information as you use our Services.
- Transaction and experience information – When you use our Services or access our Sites, for example, to process payments, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, and Technical Usage Data.
- Information that you choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services – If you request or participate in an optional Site feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from you. We will provide you with a separate notice at the time of collection, if the use of that information differs from the uses disclosed in this Privacy Statement.
- Information about you from third-party sources – We obtain information from third-party sources such as merchants, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
3. How Do We Process and Use Information?
We retain Information to fulfill our legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes. We may retain Information for longer periods than required by law if it is in our legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law. If your Account is closed, we may take steps to mask Information and other information, but we reserve our ability to retain and access the data for so long as required to comply with applicable laws.
We may Process your information for the following reasons:
- To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- initiate a payment;
- authenticate your access to an Account;
- communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or CheckPay;
- create an account connection between your Account and a third-party account or platform;
- keep your Account and financial information up to date.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
4. How We Share Information?
We may share information for the following reasons:
With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Information with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, or provide customer support.
With other financial institutions: We may share Information with other financial institutions that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product. These financial institutions may only use this information to offer CheckPay-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses. We may also share Information to process transactions, provide you with benefits associated with your eligible cards, and keep your financial information up to date.
With the other parties to transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users, merchants, and their service providers: We may share information about you and your Account with the other parties involved in processing your transactions. This includes merchants and their service providers. The information might include:
- Account Information necessary to facilitate the transaction;
- information to help other participant(s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud; and
- aggregated data and performance analytics to help merchants better understand Users and to help merchants enhance Users’ experiences.
With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for CheckPay’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to CheckPay;
- if we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Information is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- to investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any Service;
- to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals and merchants;
- to banking partners as required by card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- to credit reporting and collection agencies;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
In addition, CheckPay may provide aggregated statistical data to third-parties, including other businesses and members of the public, about how, when, and why Users visit our Sites and use our Services. This data will not personally identify you or provide information about your use of the Sites or Services. We do not share your Information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
5. What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
You have choices when it comes to the privacy practices and communications described in this Privacy Statement. Many of your choices may be explained at the time you sign up for or use a Service or in the context of your use of a Site. You may be provided with instructions and prompts within the experiences as you navigate the Services.
- Choices Relating to the Information We Collect
- personal Information. You may decline to provide personal Information when it is requested by CheckPay, but certain Services or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
- other device-level information. The device you use to access the Sites or Services may collect information about you, including User usage data that CheckPay may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in the device.
- Choices Relating to Cookies
- You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You can learn more by visiting AboutCookies.org. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or Site.
- You can learn more about our cookies and tracking technologies by visiting the Statement on Cookies and Tracking Technologies page.
- Choices Relating to Your Registration and Account Information
- If you have an Account, you generally may review and edit Information by logging in and updating the information directly or by contacting us. Contact us if you do not have an Account or if you have questions about your Account information or other Information.
- Choices Relating to Communication
- Notices, Alerts and Updates from Us: We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to Users of our Services, notifications that contain important information and other communications that you request from us. You may not opt out of receiving these communications. However, you may be able to adjust the media and format through which you receive these notices.
6. What Are Your Rights?
You have certain rights in respect of your Information. In particular, you have a right of access and correction. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us.
7. How Do We Protect Your Information?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Information we maintain about you is accurate and current.
8. Can Minors Use Our Services?
The Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of majority. We do not knowingly collect information from minors or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from a minor, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a minor.
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions, please contact us at:
CheckPay Technologies Ltd. Attention: Privacy Office 11300 No.5 Road, Unit 135 Richmond, British Columbia V7A 5J7 Canada email@example.com